Mistaken Identity

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So back in the day I use to be a concert promoter and got to know a lot of cool punk bands. One of those bands that I was buds with was Blink-182. I had them play in my hometown a few times and whenever they were playing nearby I'd go see them and hang out. Had enough name dropping yet?

So Blink was playing in Phoenix and my friends and I made the trip to see them and hang out. This was when Blink was just starting to get known and well before they were on MTV. So before the sold out show we were hanging out in the back of the club.

I was helping them load their equipment in when this hot little piece of ass walked up to me and asked, "Is this Blink-182's stuff?" I said, "It sure is, got your tickets already?" She told me the show sold out before she could get them, but made a point of telling me how much she really wanted to go. I said I would talk to someone in the club and see if I could get her in. She smiled and gave me a big hug and said she would wait right there for me. As I walked away I could hear her tell her friend that one of the guys in Blink was getting her in the show. Maybe she was just trying to look cool for her friend or maybe she didn't know what the guys in the band looked like, but either way I figured I might be able to score out of this.

After asking the owner, the promoter, and the opening bands I couldn't find a single extra ticket. I walked back out to tell the girl I had struck out on getting her in. I saw her sitting on the curb in the alley next to the club. I walked up and before I could say anything she said, "I am so happy that a guy from Blink-182 would help me get in, anything you want for payment is fine with me."

It was now clear this chick thought I was in the band but that's not the part I focused on. As you might have guessed all I could think about now was how I would have her pay me. Head? Sex? Anal? Thoughts of sex made the fact that I didn't have a ticket a little cloudy as I said, "How about a quick blow job?" She smiled and grabbed my hand and pulled me behind a dumpster in the alley. She dropped to her knees and sucked me good and hard.

As I busted, my memory started to become more clear. I had no ticket. Being the quick thinker that I am, I told her to go to the front door on the other side of the building and tell the doorman she was on the reserved list. She hugged me and said, "If I write you, will you respond?" I said, "Sure I will, just send it to our PO Box address in the cd cover." She hugged me again and ran off to get her "reserved" ticket.

I don't know if she made it in that night or not. I never saw her again. She must have been pretty shocked though when she started seeing Blink in magazines and on TV and realized that she had not actually met anyone in the band. I hope she can look back on it now and laugh. I sure can.

1 comments:

Lou said...

Haha, hilarious. Cool blog, you have a new follower: ME! :)

www.livewritedream.blogspot.com

 
All blog content © 2010: Stylez, "Livin' the Dream" unless otherwise noted. | Blog design © 2010: MC "Rabbit" Chadwick and Rabbity Things™ Designs. | All rights reserved.